Questions about mmWave array and data
Hi and thanks for the great work in releasing this amazing dataset!
I was wondering if you can share a bit more info about the phased antenna array that is used at Unit 1 (stationary receiver) in Scenarios 1-10 (unless I'm mistaken it appears to be the same in all of them):
- Is it an ULA with equal spacing? And is the spacing lambda/2?
- How was the array pointing in the x-y-z plane? Was it parallel to the road? (Same for the omni Unit 2 - is it omni in 3D space or along a 2D plane?)
- Were the 64 beams synthesized using rows of an oversampled DFT matrix for phases?
- Are the above phases quantized in any way (any number of bits)?
- How are the powers of the 64 beams normalized to obtain the data in the csv?
Overall, sharing/publicizing code to generate the exact beam codebook matrix would be immensely helpful.
Thanks for the good questions and suggestions. We have the beam pattern measurements for the adopted mmWave array and we will publish these beam files in the "Data Collection" section soon. We will also clarify the other details you asked about.
After listening to you in the recent forum held on "Integrated Communication and Sensing" hosted by KFUPM, Dhahran, I also got interested.
Thank you for sharing so much info related to the dataset of Deep Sense 6G. I am interested in reproducing the results of at least one of the options (vision/location based beam prediction).
More information or code related to generating code book of the MIMO used with other parameters as mentioned in the Marius questions will help me move forward.
KFUPM-Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Hi Martin and Prevez,
The measured codebook beams are now available. You can download and plot the exact beams using the link here: http://18.104.22.168/data-collection/